“The Montessori philosophy is based on a profound respect for each child as a unique human being”
Montessori education is an internationally acclaimed system of children education. Montessori theory has been in existence for over a Century. Dr. Maria Montessori had pioneering foresight into children's development and many principles of the Montessori Method are being proven with the technology today.
Montessori education is practiced in an estimated 30,000 schools worldwide, serving children from birth to eighteen years old.
Montessori is a revolutionary method of observing and supporting the natural development of childrenGroup lessons are seldom found in a Montessori classroom, but learning abounds, and because it is enjoyed, children remember what they learn. Montessori Method is the fastest growing and most successful method of education today
- The basis of Montessori practice in the classroom are:
- Mixed age classrooms, with classrooms for children aged 2½ or 3 to 6 years old by far the most common
- Individual choice for research and work
- Uninterrupted blocks of work time
- A Constructivist or "discovery" model, where students learn concepts from working with materials, rather than by direct instruction
- Specialized educational material which was developed by Montessori and her collaborators
« La pédagogie Montessori, c’est quoi ?
Favoriser la confiance en soi, l’autonomie, tout en permettant à l’enfant d’évoluer à son propre rythme et en toute liberté, telles sont les promesses de la pédagogie Montessori. »