Pretoria Montessori Primary 6 to 9 (G1 to G3)
ď BEST EDUCATION PRODUCES BEST CHILDREN TOWARDS BEST FUTUREĒ
We are raising a generation that impact their environment and surrounding through High quality education making them to be good readers, good writers and problem solvers.
CHRISTIAN SCHOOL : With our very selected team workers that are spirit led and grace centered, we believe in Godís Grace to help us to educate the children not only with science but with Godís wisdom for the perfect education.
∑ A Building With Four Walls And Tomorrow Inside
∑ A community of lifelong learners, responsible global citizens, and champions of our own success.
∑ A community with high expectation and high academic achievement.
∑ A Family Of Learning
∑ A Great Place For Education
∑ A Great Place To Be
∑ A Great Place To Learn
UNDERSTANDING OF THE 6 TO 9 CHILD:
- From the absorbent mind to the reasoning mind
The mind of the child is newly reasoning, abstracting and imagining;
The power of the absorbent mind is fast fading away and the age of reasoning is dawning.
There is never another time in life of the child when conscious learning will be so interesting and important. That is the reason , during this era of childhood to give the children the seed of all the sciences.
- It is the age of reason and of values marked by the childís interest in right and wrong. It is a powerful period of moral formation when the child needs situations where he can be free to choose from a number of safe, constructive choices, and utilize his own reason in decisions;
- This is the time for the evolution of intellectual and moral concepts; for example the concept of justice is very prevalent during this time. Children in many Montessori classrooms hold class meetings that they run themselves, discussing what works and what is not working in behavior and classroom flow. In one school they asked how they could help each other in case of personal troubles
- The child changes from being a sensorial exploration to a mental explorer, with increasing capabilities of thinking abstractly.
- A feeling of cooperation prevails in elementary children and they will gladly share in and work together with the running of any social unit, be it the family, their school group, their sports club, or their scout group. If we take the time to help the children define their duties and their rights.
- children seem to gladly accept responsibility.
- The child is becoming strong and active;
In summary, we see many changes in the elementary child and in the needs for his learning. We can put these major changes in four categories that we have touched upon in this blog.
- Active mentality for the acquisition of culture in all subject areas.
- Passage from sensory to abstract thinking
- Development of the imagination as a vital tool of the intellect
- Development of the moral sense
Ages 6-9 Curriculum
On top of the mainstream curriculum we offer these subjects to our 6 to9 students
- Singing and music
- Bible study
Registration and School Fees
∑ R1000 registration fee
∑ R3500 includes aftercare
∑ R750 Food (optional)
∑ Payments should be in by the 1st any late payments will receive a penalty of R50 per day after the 1st of every month.